Friday, July 9, 2010

IT'S GETTING HARDER TO AMUSE SISPYHUS

IT’S GETTING HARDER TO AMUSE SISYPHUS

 

It’s getting harder to amuse Sisyphus

but madness too is a generalization

that’s hard to resist

and everyone needs a hill of their own

they can approach with passion

from any direction

like Caesar surrounding Vercingetorix at Alesia

or a recurring dream that suffers from amnesia

everytime it comes true.

You were one hill of a woman

and I was a rolling stone

and I still can’t get over you

even in the way I’m happy alone

doing what I must do

for no particular reason of my own.

I’m just walking around

like any other extraordinary ordinary human

pushing my skull up to the high ground

so it can get a better view

of what it had to grow through

to achieve nothing it can cling to

any longer than the time it takes to undo.

 

PATRICK WHITE

 

 

 

 

 

 


No comments: